Feeling safe in turbulent times
The safety and health of our guests and our employees have always been dear to our hearts – in times like these, however, they are even more important. Therefore, we implemented a wide range of hygiene measures which far exceed the legal requirements and recommendations. These include amongst others:
• Our employees are either vaccinated, recovered or regularly tested for COVID-19.
• elaboration of prevention and hygiene measures for all departments
• our Covid-19 representative ensures that all team members are up-to-date and that all measures are strictly followed
• our employees are sensitised to recent developments of Covid-19 and receive trainings focusing on our Covid-19 measures on a regular basis
• hand sanitisers are available in the public areas of the hotel as well as in the guest rooms
• the guest rooms are cleaned according to specifically defined hygiene criteria
• carefully chosen hygiene measures for the breakfast area
• vour guests are thoroughly informed about the Covid-19 measures upon check-in
We were awarded the Safe Stay label for meeting particularly high safety & hygiene measures.
About your booking and your stay in Vienna:
Especially in times like these, we seek to offer our guests as flexible rates as possible. Our direct rate (which is valid for direct bookings only) can even be cancelled free of charge until 6 p.m. on the arrival day. Nevertheless, we recommend you to always consider the cancellation policy of the chosen rate – particularly if you book through third-party providers. If you have questions or would like to know more about our rates and cancellation policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling +43 1 214 55 210 or by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry rules to Austria:
From December 20, 2021, the 2-G+-rule applies to all people aged 12+ entering Austria, i.e. a valid proof of recovery or vaccination as well as a valid negative PCR-test (valid for 72 hours) are required. The booster vaccination exempts you from the PCR-test. For school-age children, the Ninja-Pass or Holiday-Ninja-Pass as well as equating testing systems are also valid for the entry to Austria.
People without a valid PCR-test or a booster vaccination are subject to electronic registration and they have to quarantine themselves. This quarantine is only terminated when a negative PCR-test result can be presented – the test can be made at the earliest 5 days after having entered the country (the day of the entry counts as day zero). You can find further information on up-to-date entry regulations as well as on the exemptions here.
Your stay in Vienna:
In Vienna, the 2G-rule (vaccinated or recovered) applies to all travellers from 16 years onwards in the sectors gastronomy, hospitality industry, commerce, close-contact services, performing arts as well as events. Therefore, please show us one of the following means of verification (in German or English) upon your arrival:
• evidence of an EMA-approved COVID-19 vaccination: Valid from the date of the second vaccination for 270 days or from the 22nd day after a 1-dose vaccine (the 1-dose vaccination is valid without any booster until 03.01.2022). EMA-approved COVID-19 vaccines are Comirnaty by BioNTech/Pfizer, Spikevax by Moderna, Vaxzevria by AstraZeneca and Janssen by Johnson&Johnson.
•evidence of recovery from Covid-19: Not older than 180 days.
For children from 6 years to 3 months after their 12th birthday, the 3-G-rule applies, i.e. vaccinated, recovered or tested. The antigen test is valid 48 hours, the PCR-test 72 hours. If the children are tested at school (“Ninja-Pass” or “Holiday-Ninja-Pass”), they can also present their “Ninja-Pass” upon arrival. The “Ninja-Pass” is also valid at the weekend, if all three tests were taken in a week. Please be informed that rapid tests done at home are not valid anymore.
For children from 3 months after their 12th birthday to 15 years, the 2,5-G-rule applies, i.e. vaccinated, recovered or PCR-tested. In this case, the PCR-test is valid 48 hours. Please be informed that antigen tests as well as rapid tests done at home are not valid anymore.
From 16 years onwards, the above indicated 2-G-rules for adults apply.
If the test of your children should not be valid throughout your entire stay, we will provide you with the testing options upon your arrival – most of them are free of charge.
If adhering to the above summarised currently applying rules, you can enjoy your stay in Vienna again to the fullest: restaurants, bar, shops, culture and recreational facilities are open again! Please note that currently all people from 6 years onwards are required to wear an FFP-2 mask indoors. Moreover, gastronomy closes at 11 p.m. (except for New Year’s Eve). We recommend you to make a reservation for restaurants, museums etc. in advance. We are glad to assist you!
Furthermore, please be informed that in Austria there is still a lockdown for all people aged 12+ who do not have a 2-G-evidence, i.e. who are neither vaccinated nor recovered from Covid-19.
We inform you about all further relevant measures regarding and information on COVID-19 upon check-in. However, if you would like to know more about it prior to your stay, feel free to contact us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Your family Mayrhofer & the team of the ARThotel Der Wilhelmshof